Contribution of activated platelets to plasma IL-27 levels
© BioMed Central Ltd 2013
Published: 5 February 2013
The authors thank MA Eyraud and CA Arthaud for technical assistance. This work was supported by the EFS (grant APR2010-No10) the ANR (grant ANR-12- JSV1), the ART, and the 'Les Amis de Rémi' Association; France. In accordance with French regulations, platelets were obtained from regular blood donors who signed a form indicating that they do not preclude the use of their sample for medical research.
thrombin receptor activating peptide.
- Wong HR, Cvijanovich NZ, Hall M, Allen GL, Thomas NJ, Freishtat RJ, Anas N, Meyer K, Checchia PA, Lin R, Bigham MT, Sen A, Nowak J, Quasney M, Henricksen JW, Chopra A, Banschbach S, Beckman E, Harmon K, Lahni P, Shanley TP: Interleukin-27 is a novel candidate diagnostic biomarker for bacterial infection in critically ill children. Crit Care 2012, 16: R213. 10.1186/cc11847PubMed CentralView ArticlePubMed
- Wojno ED, Hunter CA: New directions in the basic and translational biology of interleukin-27. Trends Immunol 2012, 33: 91-97. 10.1016/j.it.2011.11.003View ArticlePubMed
- Semple JW, Italiano JE Jr, Freedman J: Platelets and the immune continuum. Nat Rev Immunol 2011, 11: 264-274. 10.1038/nri2956View ArticlePubMed
- Berthet J, Damien P, Hamzeh-Cognasse H, Pozzetto B, Garraud O, Cognasse F: Toll-like receptor 4 signal transduction in platelets: novel pathways. Br J Haematol 2010, 151: 89-92. 10.1111/j.1365-2141.2010.08292.xView ArticlePubMed
- Lorente L, Martín MM, Varo N, Borreguero-León JM, Solé-Violán J, Blanquer J, Labarta L, Díaz C, Jiménez A, Pastor E, Belmonte F, Orbe J, Rodríguez JA, Gómez-Melini E, Ferrer-Agüero JM, Ferreres J, Llimiñana MC, Páramo JA: Association between serum soluble CD40 ligand levels and mortality in patients with severe sepsis. Crit Care 2011, 15: R97. 10.1186/cc10104PubMed CentralView ArticlePubMed